Sunday, February 3, 2013

Who loves a good cuppa?

So a friend on Facebook was talking about this delicious coffee she bought .... "you've got to try this coffee, it's so yummy." Well, alright, I bit! It doesn't take much. So I ordered two different kinds of coffee from Kathy at Favorite Cowgirl Coffee in Minnesota. Well, I don't normally go all that far to get my coffee and I have been a fan of  Pinon Coffee and Red Rock Roasters, both New Mexico coffees and obviously local businesses for this gal but I was determined to try this coffee and I thought the name was great. Of course someone (me) who works for Cowgirl Dirt cosmetics would like the name Favorite Cowgirl Coffee.

I ordered a bag of ground RODEO JOE (organic beans) and a bag of ground FAVORITE PONY. When the package arrived, I was so happy to see they had included this little cookie, sort of a rice krispie treat covered in chocolate in the shape of a horse. they call it a Frosted Filly ... how cute is that!

On Saturday morning, I fixed a small pot of Rodeo Joe, poured my first cup, put some music on and watched the sun come over the mountain and truly enjoyed this cuppa. Lately, I hadn't been drinking too much coffee, usually stopping at one cup but this day, I was ready for another. Good coffee, yes indeed, my FB friend was right.

This morning, I fixed a small pot of Favorite Pony. OK ... OK, now I know why the company says this is their signature blend. Deep and rich, full bodied, a real nice roast ... yes, delicious! I'm on my second cup now. I'll bet this coffee would make for a great evening cuppa with a sip of some good Pendelton or Montana Roughstock whiskey.

I'm glad I found this company and as always am happy to purchase American made products and support small American businesses. Stop by their website, read their 'about us' story, check them out. They also donate a portion of every sale to Cowgirls for a Cure, a group they started to support the Coburn Cancer Center Greatest Needs Fund. I like a company with a higher purpose, don't you? I'm going to try a few more of their blends ... I think this gal has hit on something good.

Comment and Share:

7 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly, and Favorite Cowgirl Coffee is We Three Equines approved! Glad you enjoy it as much as I do! Next, you have to get the mug! You won't EVER drink from another coffee mug (or if you do you will be thinking the entire time "I wish I had my FCC mug") :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool, I don't drink coffee (sadly) but I love the smell & this packaging - anything that is cowgirl & western is fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some of this shipped down to Texas for me; was very pleased with the coffee AND really liked the packaging, etc. Must have some real warm-blooded horses up there in MN to make it through the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say the people in MN are pretty hardy, guess the horses would be too. Thanks for dropping by Jim ...

      Delete
  4. I love coffee and I definitely want to try coffee that has cool names like those! I think I'm going to order some myself now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the "My Favorite Pony" ... My fav!

      Delete

Appreciate your thoughts!