Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nākd Fruit and Nut Bars by Natural Balance Foods ...

A little over a week ago I received a message asking me to review a whole food product and blog my review. After I agreed, they quickly sent a case of “Nākd Fruitand Nut Bars” and my son, one of his friends and my brother commenced eating and reviewing.

Nākd Fruit and Nut Bars are made by Natural Balance Foods who makes healthy whole food alternatives to processed foods. Nākd is new to the USA, and products can only be purchased through their website.  They expect to be in stores soon but if you live in Canada, they can be found in lots of stores there ~~ find a Canada store near you.

~~Click here for Free US delivery~~

In their own words ....................
"We're a young British company devoted to increasing world happiness with yummy healthy snacks, humour and helpfulness. That means we make delicious, good-for-you munchies, do our best to help others, and try to spread a little joy along the way."



My first choice to try was the Cocoa Mint Bar which reminded me a bit of Mint Chocolate Girl Scout Cookies, only the texture was chewy and maybe there was a bit too much of a mint taste to become a favorite.

My son chose the Apple Protein Crunch Bar which he said tasted exactly like eating an apple though he felt the texture was something he would have to get used to. Overall, he said it was a good choice and with 18.4g of protein, great for an after workout snack.

My brother tried the Banana Protein Crunch Bar and liked it immediately. Being a health food junkie, he liked what he read about the ingredients.


My son’s friend tried the Cocoa Delight Bar but not being used to eating whole foods was put off by the texture.

I also tried the Berry Delight Bar and liked it … perhaps better than the Cocoa Mint.

Overall, my son, my brother and I were pleased with the all natural and nutritious goodness of these bars. I think though that for people who are not used to eating whole food, a bit of getting used to the texture and, in some bars, the sweetness of real fruit will take a bit of time.

I’d recommend you check out Natural Balance Foods Fruit and nut barspurchase a box or two and try them for yourself.

So Eat Nākd !!! You know you want to ....

Sign up for their newsletter, join their community and / or follow them on facebook and twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?