Happy New Year!

Nothing is impossible! 
I hope this New Year brings you all much joy and happiness and is punctuated by the glory of God's blessings ...

do you remember
the night we drove
out into the inked darkness
until the hum of the city
evaporated into contrails streaked above us
like some Pollack canvas
that night I looked up at the sky
and its infinite display and I said
“doesn’t it make you feel better
to know you’re made of star dust”
and you laughed quietly, and replied
“you’d rather be up there, wouldn’t you?”
and I think that’s when you first knew
I would always be tripping over things
because the ground didn’t interest me
in the slightest
~~The Origin of Clumsiness by Anna Peters







Did you like this story? Comment and Share:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so too! It's a wonderful poem.
      Just checked out your blog and love your creativity.
      It's nice to hear from another New Mexico blogger and my best wishes for your Dad.
      ~ Maria

      Delete

What do you think?