Coconut Oil ... so many benefits!

My pic and my cinnamon swirl cake!
My new 'go to' … Coconut Oil!

Maybe you’ve already tried it and love it.  Most people try it and like it for all different reasons.  I love it because you can use it in place of olive oil when cooking, it has a wonderful light flavor, and you can use it topically for moisturizing hair, and skin.  I bought the organic virgin coconut oil by Spectrum at the organic market.  It is solidified but melts quickly in your cooking or your hands.  You can purchase it in liquid form but I learned, from the woman who runs the organic market, that the liquefied form is processed so is no longer organic.

Some of the ways I’ve use coconut oil so far other than in my cooking:

HAIR: After giving my hair a light wash, I work the coconut oil from mid-roots down to the tips, the, comb through and leave it in for 20 minutes or overnight (I put a towel on my pillow but it does absorb quickly).  Afterward, thoroughly wash it out and if you want, condition as normal.  Your hair will be silky smooth, and as you continue the treatments, your hair will be beautifully moisturized.

CUTICLES: I keep a jar in the bath and a smaller cup by the sink and after washing my hands, I’ve been rubbing it into my cuticles.  I work a lot with my hands and my cuticles take a beating but this method has been helping to soften my cuticles and make them look and feel healthier.

PEDI: Use it in place of your regular moisturizer when caring for your feet.  After a shower if you are not heading out, use the oil to massage into your feet, and then cover with socks.  The oil will massage relatively fast and your feet will feet wonderful.

FACE: there are several I’ve tried and liked  ---
·         Use it to remove make-up, wipe away with a warm cloth.
·         Mix with olive oil for an all-natural face wash.  
·         After cleansing in the evening, use a small amount to moisturize your skin. I alternate this with a different oil that I have from  the cosmetic line I promote which is an organic facial Serum very rich in Vitamins C, E, and A.
·    I have heard that you could make an antibacterial mask of it with honey but I have not tried that yet.

BODY: Mix coconut oil with sugar for a fantastic body scrub.


Have you used coconut oil and do you have any special ways to use it that you’d like to share?

#GoTo #CoconutOil #Beauty

~~~ Sharing is always appreciated and your comments make my day.

3 comments:

  1. I have used it for a couple of years now, mostly for cooking. I also read it can help prevent dementia so I put 2 teaspoons on my oatmeal in the morning. Worth a try! Hat

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?