Art from the heart ...

Are you familiar with Carrie Ballantyne’s artwork? 
I came across her work recently; obviously a bit late to the game since Carrie has been an artist for probably more than 30 years and I am just in awe of her talent. I am not exactly sure what it is, perhaps the colors she uses, (I am neither an artist nor a critic) but the people she portrays seem as if they could' walk right off the page.' You will be drawn right away to the eyes of the person she portrays; there is depth that is not usually found in others work.  Her oil aptly named North Country Cowgirl is striking. I have several favorites including Pearl of Santa Fe and Sterling. Guardian of the Pup is a sweet pencil drawing that somehow reminds me of my boy.

It is artwork that you just have to sit with for a while and perhaps you can conjure up a story behind each picture. Have a look for yourself and let us know what you think!
Guardian of the Pup by Carrie L Ballantyne Pencil ~ 13 1/2" x 10 1/2"
This is the work of  Carrie L. Ballantyne
You can read more about Carrie on her website and also this well done article done a few years back.

~~~

Certainly appreciate your comments and would be so happy if you'd share my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?