Good-byes and Hellos

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." ~Richard Bach
From www.emmalouiselayla.com

I'm far from most of my dearest friends and miss them terribly. Oh, just the mundane things like sitting for a cup of freshly brewed coffee and talking about everything under the sun. Martini's at the bar of a loud and hectic bistro, heartily enjoying the atmosphere and people watching, dinner out sharing good wine and lots and lots of laughter, or late night talks about things not commonly shared while watching the inky night through the screened porch. 

However, friendship doesn't mean you must see each other daily. It does, however, mean that you keep your friend's memory tucked into your heart and firmly in mind while you journey elsewhere for a time. Bach puts it into perspective, reminding us that we must travel to enjoy the moment of return when we see our friends again. 

I journey. I've moved more times than most people think necessary, but each experience has been a lovely adventure. Each time I reconnect, it has made my connection stronger. For me, that is the bonus!

~~~

Sharing is always appreciated, and your comments make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?