Book Review ... New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon #1) by Julie Smith

New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon #1)


“When the smiling King of Carnival is killed at Mardi Gras, policewoman Skip Langdon is on the case. She knows the upper-crust family of the victim and that it hides more than its share of glittering skeletons. But nothing could prepare her for the tangled web of clues and ancient secrets that would mean danger for her--and doom for the St. Amants...."


The basic story is a fairly good one however following the POV was at times tiresome. I had chose to read this book thinking I might be interested in the series because it is set in New Orleans however descent the basic story, I was completely turned off by the abrupt ending. I felt that so much more could have been done with this story. Characters could have been developed more and certainly a more satisfying ending could have been constructed. Fairly early in the reading I considered putting it down but I continued on hoping for … something!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?