'The Strangers on Montagu Street' ... Karen White does the unexpected!

Stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish a favorite authors book. I have read just about all of Karen White's books enjoying her imaginative stories and easy style. That the books happen to be set in the South adds the right amount of spice and history I like.
The Strangers on Montagu Street is the third in the Tradd Street series about Melanie, a hyper-sensitive, OCD woman who can see ghosts and Jack, the charming southern guy with a past. The two are always on the wrong page at the right time adding history to their mostly on the rocks relationship.
Having loved the first two books in the series, I eagerly awaited the third ... however for reason I can't put my finger on, the book sat in by TBR (to be read) pile for quite some time until Sunday afternoon when all was quite. I read throughout the afternoon and into the evening and again the following evening and into the wee hours of this morning loving the story and being pleased at the new twists in Melanie and Jack's relationship, excited at the introduction of a new and interesting character.
Then POW ... smacked right in the head on the very last page ... I was shocked! Thrown for a loop ... never once expecting that ending.

Now, I'm sure there will have to be a fourth in the series because we must know what happened, why and how it will all play out in the holy city. I don't know how I feel about the ending and I don't want to be a spoiler so I'll leave it to you to decide. I just know that getting to the ending will be an enjoyable ride and the ending, no matter how shocking, will make you want more.

Read Karen White's Guest Post on this blog about her writing Paranormal Chick Lit.

Karen's next book is due out June 5th ...
For Ava Whalen, a new marriage and a move to St. Simons Island mean a new beginning. But she she doesn't realize is that her marriage will take her on an unexpected journey into the deep recesses of her past that will transform her forever... ~~From Author's website

~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?