Why this morning hurts so much

As a mom you wish for only the best for your children. Each morning when you wake, your first thought is of your babies, no matter how old they may be. Well, at least for me it is!
I can certainly remember what life was like when I was childless but I can't imagine my life now without my child. Even with his kid foibles, I wouldn't trade my boy for anything imaginable and everything I do takes consideration of his well being. I just couldn't imagine it any other way.
That's why this morning hurts so much. I received a call from my dear friend telling me about another friend whose 21 year old passed away this weekend ... one day before Mother's Day.
I didn't know the young man, nor do I know the mom but I do know the dad. He was a childhood friend with whom I just reconnected with on Facebook after so many years. I'm starting to be leery of Facebook these days. In the time since I joined with the idea of reconnecting with old friends and staying in touch with current and new friends, I have learned of friends whose spouses have passed away  too young, and friends who have passed away suddenly, other friends who are failing in health and now of my friend's son. There can be pain when you reconnect with your past.
More than that, there is a certain kind of pain you feel when you learn a child has died. As a mom, the pain burns deeply making you feel the loss even more so and you count your blessings, you make thanks for every moment you have with your own. 'Cause life is short and you never know what can happen next.
It's hard not to think about the loss to the world ... the what could have been. Perhaps God felt this young man had already given his talent and gift to the world and now it was time to go home. I'm sure my friend and his wife wouldn't agree, most parents wouldn't. What I do know though is that his spirit will continue to live on in those who knew of him,  and in all who experienced his love, his talent, and his gift.
My heart weights heavy this morning for my friend and his family and I pray they will find the peace needed.
Word Photo by: SheridanFrenchBlog



~Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?