Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum ... Fun in the sun!

Spiked Lemonade Sweet TeaPhoto: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Back when I first started my blog it was kind of different from what it is now and I remember a dear friend saying to me "Do you realize you have more cocktail recipes than you have food recipes?" I hadn't realized it but she was right, I did have more imbibing going on back then and maybe I'm thinking "nothing wrong with imbibing, I should continue that."
Well, she'll probably roll her eyes when she reads here that I've been contacted by a 'spirits' company and asked to review some recipes for a new brand of rum. I'll tell you all about it in coming stories. I'm hoping I'll receive the samples in time for the second party of the summer coming up this weekend ... my nephew's graduation! Fun in the sun ....
Source: Unknown/Internet
Try this recipe for Spiked Lemonade Sweet Tea. It appeared in Southern Living magazine's May 2011 issue and is really delicious. Makes for a wonderful backyard drink.
Ingredients
3 cups water
2 family-size tea bags 
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves (from your garden?)
1/2 cup sugar 
4 cups cold water
1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (or fresh, yum!)
1 cup bourbon or spiced dark rum
Garnishes: fresh sugarcane, fresh pineapple slices 
Preparation
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. Discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Stir in bourbon or spiced dark rum just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired. of course!!!
... and, use a beautiful Collins glass! If you have the time, chill it first!
SL May 2011 Issue
Here are just a few past stories, some with recipes, that have something to do with imbibing.

Summer cocktails

Derby time! Do you have a pick?

2012 Drink to try … with Pendleton Whisky

Wine, wine, wine!!!!

Need I say more ….

Whiskey Dijon BBQ Sauce


Did you like this story? Share it:

4 comments:

  1. Oh, spiked lemonade sounds lovely! That is a great recipe to kick off summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura, Thanks for dropping by ... indeed, it is delish! A great way to relax after a hard day at nursing school. ~M

      Delete
  2. Yum & there is nothing wrong with having more drink than food recipes ; ) I'm not the best bar tender but I certainly do try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then Raquel ... be sure to check back as I'll be posting another good one. ~M

      Delete

What do you think?